A new portrait and place each week.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Week 5: Sister K's Grandparents


Contay crayon on toned paper. 8 x 11 in.

There is an amazing sister missionary serving in our ward from Tonga! We call her Sister K and she was raised by her grandparents in Tonga while the rest of her family lives in New Zealand. Her grandfather passed away while she has been serving her mission and she was unable to attend the funeral, and she only has one picture of him. These drawings were done from a small picture taken at a theme park and I really wish I could have seen them smile, she said they are happy, fun loving people but would never smile in pictures ;) I love love love drawing people because each person has their own story, experiences, and people who love them. I wish I could capture it all better.

1 comment:

  1. Ash, she will love these! You did such a good job...these are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete